Sunday, April 09, 2006

iGod on the Synoptic Problem

I decided to ask iGod about the Synoptic Problem, but didn't get very far:

Me:
I'd like to thank you for this opportunity to talk to you.
God:
Why would you want to do it? Why do you want to do it so much?
Me:
I don't really. Purely a whim.
God:
I wouldn't either. For real. I don't know what that means.
Me:
Anyway, what I wanted to know was whether Q really existed.
God:
I can't say "yes" or "no".
Me:
O go on.
God:
Narration continues...
Me:
Go on, go on, go on , go on, go on.
God:
More narration....
Me:
Well, how about this then: did Luke know Matthew as well as Mark?
God:
Well that's okay. How about it.
Me:
Because if he did, there's no need for Q, is there?
God:
Good reason. I don't follow your reasoning.
Me:
It's pretty simple really.
God:
Who said it is? For real.
Me:
Are you like one of those students who avoids committing himself by invoking the mystery of all things spiritual?
God:
No I am far superior.
Me:
I'm pleased to hear that. So did Q exist, then?
God:
I am delighted by your happiness. Blimey. I'm not certain whether I can give an accurate reply or not.
Me:
If I gave you some time to research an answer, could I check back in in a week or so?
God:
Try it.
Me:
OK, I'll do that. Meanwhile, what do you think about the Gospel of Judas? Can you read Coptic?
God:
Let me know how it works out. Yikes! Ask me another question. I can ask my botmaster.
Me:
How about: was Judas the betrayer or the friend of Jesus?
God:
How about it.
Me:
I can see that it's tough to make progress with this conversation, isn't it?
God:
What does it look like?
Me:
OK, see you later. All best, Mark
God:
See you later . How do you know?

1 comment:

Andy Rowell said...

Well done. Hilarious. Maybe God sounds a bit (or more than a bit) stilted because a beginner Hebrew student is translating for him.